Connect with us

Chelsea

Bad news for United as Coutinho sets for Chelsea move

Published

on

Philippe Coutinho

Chelsea are reportedly leading Manchester United in the race for Barcelona midfielder Philippe Coutinho, that’s according to reports emanating from Camp Nou this afternoon.

The Blues aren’t doing well at the final half of the pitch and Sarri has called on his employers to shop for an attacking player.

Luckily for Sarri, Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu is looking to end his relationship with Brazilian star Phillipe Coutinho this month after the player’s inability to live up to his billing since his move from Liverpool one year ago.

The Catalans president has reportedly met with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich over the possibility of swapping the Brazilian for Belgian star Eden Hazard.

Spanish media El Gol Digital reports on Sunday that Bartomeu is ready to beat Real Madrid to Hazard’s services as he wants to offer the former Liverpool star as a makeshift for Hazard’s signature.

This report is definitely a bad one for United’s interim manager Solskjaer who has reportedly made the Brazilian his prime target at the ongoing transfer window.

The Norwegian is targeting a move for two world-class and attack-minded midfielders — Coutinho and Carrasco — and Bartomeu’s decision to offer the Brazilian to Chelsea is a major setback to his transfer plans.

However, it is yet to be seen if Sarri would accept the Blaugranas’ proposed deal. The Italian manager can’t afford to lose the Belgian at the middle of the season.

In fact, the former Napoli manager has told his employers to offer a new deal to the playmaker as soon as possible in order to prevent any suitor from luring the 27-year-old out of Stamford Bridge in the near future

Chelsea

Argentine striker storms London to complete Chelsea move .

Published

on

Gonzalo Higuain

Former Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain is expected to arrive in London on Friday night as he closes in on a move to Premier League club Chelsea in this transfer window.

The Daily Express reported that Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri wants the deal completed by the 12 pm deadline required for him to be eligible for the big Premier League clash with Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday evening.

Chelsea on Wednesday night agreed on a loan transfer for Gonzalo Higuain on Wednesday night with the former Real Madrid and Napoli player scheduled to join the Blues until the end of the season with the option to buy him permanently in the summer.

The Argentine striker is currently on a season-long loan deal at AC Milan from rivals Juventus but he has told the San Siro giants that he wants to leave the club midway into his loan contract with the seven-time European champions.

The San Siro outfit splashed the whopping sum or £11.5m on Higuain for his loan deal at the start of the season with an option to make it permanent for £37m.

Gonzalo Higuain is keen to reunite with Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri having played under him for just one season (2015/16) at Napoli.

Continue Reading

Bacelona FC

Barcelona set gaze on Chelsea duo ..

Published

on

Giroud

Chelsea strikers, Alvaro Morata and Olivier Giroud have reportedly made the five-man strikers’ shortlist for Spanish La Liga giant Barcelona.

The La Liga giants are eyeing a striker signing to replace Munir El-Haddadi who has joined fellow Spanish side, Sevilla.

Munir signed for Europa League campaigners Sevilla last week in a deal worth just £1.5m.

According to the Daily Mail, they claim that the Catalans have already drawn up a five-man shortlist to replace Munir.

The aforementioned Chelsea duo of Morata and Giroud made the list alongside West Ham United star Lucas Perez, Girona striker Christian Stuani and Tottenham Hotspur Fernando Llorente.

Barcelona are said to be targeting a loan move for the striker and that could rule out Morata.

Chelsea want a permanent transfer for the Spaniard who’s holding out for a move to Atletico Madrid following the imminent arrival of Gonzalo Higuain from Italy.

Tottenham Hotspur won’t be open to the idea of selling Llorente again following the injury to Harry Kane.

England national team skipper Kane will miss the next six weeks at least after he suffered a serious ankle injury in the Premier League clash with Manchester United on Sunday evening.
Harry Kane sustained the injury in the final moments of the game which ended in a 1-0 win for Manchester United.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Eddie Howe Reiterates Desire To Keep Chelsea Target At Bournemouth

Published

on

Callum Wilson

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has insisted that striker Callum Wilson is not for sale and that the Cherries is keen to keep the player at the club beyond the current transfer window.

Callum Wilson has been in superb form for the South Coast club this season and that has attracted the interest of fellow Premier League clubs.

Everton, West Ham United and Chelsea have been strongly linked with a move for the recently capped England international striker.

Callum Wilson made his debut for England against the United States of America in November in what was an international friendly.

He made a scoring debut to wrap up a 3-0 victory over the Americans.

The 26-year-old has scored nine goals and five assists in 20 games for Bournemouth in the Premier League this season.

Chelsea identified him as a possible transfer addition to boost the problematic striker situation at the club but it seems like the former European champions have turned their focus on Gonzalo Higuain.

Argentine striker Higuain is on the verge of joining the Blues on a short-term loan deal from Italian Serie A giants Juventus until the end of the season with the option to buy him permanently this summer.

Continue Reading

Bayern Munich

Chelsea set to offer Bayern target new contract to keep them at bay ..

Published

on

Callum Hudson Odoi

West London club Chelsea are willing to offer young winger Callum Hudson-Odoi a new contract at the club to ward off the interest of German Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.

According to the Daily Mail, they revealed that the Blues want to offer the English junior international a new long-term contract worth £70,000 on a weekly basis.

This is despite the intense transfer interest shown by Bavarian giants Bayern Munich.

Callum Hudson-Odoi, 18, has less than 18 months on his current Chelsea deal billed to expire at the end of the 2019/20 season.

The Maurizio Sarri led side Chelsea want to offer him a new deal that will see the former Chelsea Academy player commit his long-term future to the club beyond the end of next season.

Bundesliga sides Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund are said to be interested in signing the English talent.
Five-time European champions Bayern Munich have already firmed up their interest in Hudson-Odoi with four separate bids including a last bid of £35m which happens to be the asking price from Chelsea.

The Blues wanted to insert a buyback clause in a potential sale of the player but that didn’t go down well with Bayern Munich.

It seems Chelsea have changed their position on Callum Hudson-Odoi and would want him to stay at the club though regular playing time could be the stumbling block for him to sign a new deal.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

No deal insists Genoa for West Ham Chase of Chelsea Target

Published

on

Krzysztof Piatek

A major team in the Italian Serie A club Genoa have reportedly turned down two separate bids from the same club for striker Krzysztof Piatek.

Popular media outlet, Daily Mail revealed that London club West Ham United firmed up their interest in the Polish international striker with two separate bids only for them to be turned down by Genoa.

Krzysztof Piatek was previously linked with Chelsea in the final months of last season but it seems like the Blues have turned their attention to another Italy-based player (Gonzalo Higuain) in the quest to solve their goalscoring issues.

West Ham United have stepped up their interest in the former Cracovia attacker following the doubts over the future of Marko Arnautovic.

The Austrian National team player is another player that has been linked with a transfer to Stamford Bridge outfit Chelsea especially in the last months of 2018.

The former FC Twente and Werder Bremen player is keen to leave the Hammers in this transfer following the interest of Chinese Super League club Shanghai SIPG.
Krzysztof Piatek could replace Arnautovic at the Olympic Stadium.

Marko Arnautovic further fuelled a potential £35m to China after he appeared to wave his goodbyes to the Hammers faithfuls when he was substituted during last weekend’s game against London rivals Arsenal in the Premier League.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Liverpool and Chelsea target 80-goal hero

Published

on

Ciro Immobile

Liverpool are interested in Lazio striker Ciro Immobile, that’s according to Italian outlet Il Messaggero.

The 28-year-old hitman — who has featured for Juventus, Torino, Borussia Dortmund and Sevilla — is a well-traveled player with bags of experience and Klopp wants to bring him to Anfield in the next transfer market window.

Though the Reds have top and in-form strikers, it is obvious they largely rely on Mohammed Salah for goals and Klopp isn’t happy with that.

The media outlet claimed that the German tactician will send his scouts to watch  Immobile’s performance against Napoli on Saturday so as to know if the Italian will add more threat to his attacking frontline in the coming season.

Daniel Sturridge and Divock Origi are likely to end their stay at Anfield by the end of the season after falling out of favor with Klopp.

Both players have failed to appear frequently in the League this term and they are tipped to move elsewhere in the summer window if they must bring their respective careers back on track.

Should the want-away strikers part ways with the Merseyside club, II Messaggero says Klopp won’t hesitate to capture the experienced strikers.

Meanwhile, Chelsea are also looking at the prospect of doing business with Lazio for the Italian man.

The same source also credited Sarri with an interest in the player’s services. The Blues are not doing too badly at the moment but there’s room for improvement.

Having experienced how challenging and stressful things could be in England, the Italian manager hopes to have more depth at the final third of the pitch ahead of next season.

Hence, the former Napoli manager hopes to bring his compatriot to Stamford Bridge in the summer.

Ciro Immobile has played 112 games for the Stadio Olimpico outfits in all competitions, scoring 80 goals in the process.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Morata’s move to Atletico Madrid is 95% done — football expert

Published

on

Alvaro Morata

Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata is on the verge of completing his move to Atletico Madrid after reaching personal terms with the La Liga giants.

According to football expert Guillem Balague, the former Real Madrid player has shown his desire to return to Spain due to his unsuccessful spell at Stamford Bridge and Diego Simeone’s side is hugely tipped as his next destination.

Since his big-money move to Premier League two years ago, Morata has failed to live up to expectations and the West London hierarchy are hoping to cash in on his signature this month.

Balague confirmed that Morata’s move to the Spanish Capital will be done and dusted as soon as the Blues find his replacement.

In his search for the Spaniard’s replacement, Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri has identified AC Milan forward Gonzalo Higuain as the best man to carry the club’s goalscoring burden for the rest of the campaign.

Many reports claimed the Argentine has reached an agreement with the Blues and his switch to Stamford Bridge is subjected to Milan’s approval.

Guillem further discloses that Morata has initially reached a personal agreement with Sevilla some weeks ago but he surprisingly rescinded his decision as soon as Simeone develop interests in his services.

Morata has played 24 games for the Blues in all competitions this season, scoring just nine goals in the process.

The Spaniard has failed to make Sarri’s match-day squad in five consecutive games, thereby, fuelling speculation he could end his two-year ties with the former Premier Champions in January.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Higuain jets into London to complete £170,000-per-week move to Chelsea

Published

on

Gonzalo Higuain

There is encouraging news for Maurizio Sarri and all Chelsea fans as Juventus star Gonzalo Higuain is reportedly in London to complete his loan move to the West London outfits.

The Sun claimed the Argentine forward has reached an agreement with the Blues over his weekly salary and he’s expected to be paid £170,000 just as he’s getting at AC Milan.

Morata’s struggling form push Sarri into making a temporary move for the player whom he worked with during his days as Napoli manager.

The report also reveals the former Real Madrid striker will undergo his medical today and will eventually sign a four-month loan contract.

It is also said that the Blues could decide to sign him on a permanent deal in the summer should he live up to Sarri’s demand and expectations.

Another transfer rumor emanating from Stamford Bridge this morning confirms that Sarri is edging closer to sealing a deal with Zenit St Petersburg for Leandro Paredes.

The Express came up with the news in the early hours of today (Thursday) that Chelsea have agreed to splash £31m on the playmaker’s signature this month.

They said Leandro’s switch to Stamford Bridge is imminent and he could be unveiled as early as next week Monday.

ADVICE TO CHELSEA FANS

Here’s my little advice to Chelsea fans, it’s very important not to expect too much from the Argentine star.

As much as Higuain is a proven goalscorer, he’s not getting younger anymore and the League demands so much physical strength from players, especially strikers.

It will take some time for Higuain to get accustomed to how the League operates, hence, the experienced striker could struggle in his first two or three months at Stamford Bridge.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Chelsea Agree Loan Transfer With Juventus For 31-Year-Old Striker

Published

on

Gonzalo Higuain

2012 Champions League winners Chelsea have agreed on a loan transfer with Italian Serie A giants Juventus for Argentine international striker Gonzalo Higuain.

It was revealed by the London Evening Standard that the Blues reached a loan agreement with the Old Lady on Wednesday night.

Higuain, 31, is back in Italy with the Rossoneri after their Italian Super Cup clash with rivals Juventus in Saudi Arabia.

Higuain came off the bench for the last 20 minutes against his parent club as Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo scored the only goal of the game to give Juventus their first title of the season.

According to AC Milan manager Gennaro Gattuso, Higuain started the game on the bench due to fever.

Chelsea are ready to take on his £150,000 weekly wages after agreeing on a deal with his brother Nicolas.

Gonzalo Higuain is almost certain to join the Blues as a replacement for Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata who’s been attracting the interest of Spanish La Liga giants Atletico Madrid.

AC Milan are already in talks with Genoa for Polish international striker Krzysztof Piatek in their bid to get Higuain replaced.

Higuain had earlier joined AC Milan on a season-long loan deal from Juventus for £11.5m with the option of a £37m permanent transfer at the end of the loan contract.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Double your price and we would sell insists Lazio to Chelsea

Published

on

Davide Zappacosta

Maurizio Sarri led Premier League giants Chelsea want to sign a new striker to boost their squad for the rest of the season and several names have been mentioned as a possible addition to the Blues team.

To add to the long list, a new name had come to fore and he is Lazio star Ciro Immobile and Italian media outlet II Messaggero claim that it will take a special offer around €100m to secure the transfer of the 28-year-old Italian international striker.

Jurgen Klopp led Premier League leaders Liverpool are also said to be interested in a move for former Torino and Borussia Dortmund but the Blues have an advantage of the Merseyside outfit due to the Italians’ interest in Chelsea defender Davide Zappacosta.

The right-back Zappacosta has been on the outskirts of the Chelsea team since he joined the Blues from Torino in January 2017.

Lazio are ready to offer him a return to Italy almost two years after he left the Turin-based club and Chelsea use their interest in the quest to sign Ciro Immobile.

Chelsea have had problems in the striking department this season following the inability of the Blues strikers to score goals on a consistent basis.

Both Alvaro Morata and Gonzalo Higuain have failed to impress for the Blues this season.

Continue Reading

Trending