Connect with us

EPL

Wantaway Liverpool midfielder set to miss Crystal Palace match amid transfer link

Published

on

Unsettled Brazil and Liverpool midfield maestro Philippe Coutinho will miss Saturday’s Premier League match against Crystal Palace with a back problem as rumour continues about his future.

Spanish La Liga giant FC Barcelona have confirmed they are “close” to signing the Brazilian.

The 25-year-old handed in a transfer request just last week, days after the Merseyside club turned down a £90 million offer from the Catalan club.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp said “It’s a very tough situation, but we (Liverpool) have nothing new to say. It’s not always easy to say the 100% (absolute) truth”.

The Reds are adamant that the star midfielder will not be sold in this summer transfer window.

He has been ruled out of the home Premier League game against Crystal Palace, having missed last Saturday’s season opening match at Watford and the UEFA Champions League qualifying play-off first leg against Bundesliga club Hoffenheim on Tuesday night.

Klopp, while responding to Barcelona general manager Pep Segura’s claim that a transfer deal was close said: “I (Klopp) don’t know why other people are saying what they are saying. I (Klopp) don’t even know them – especially this guy (Pep), I’ve never even met him.”

Klopp said England striker Daniel Sturridge, who missed the season opener with a thigh problem, will be available for Saturday’s match against Palace.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *