Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata is in Spain, precisely Madrid, where he is expected to undergo his medical today before completing his move to the Wanda Metropolitano stadium.
The former Real Madrid star hit the Spanish Capital last night and he was welcomed by the press who asked him some series of questions concerning his stay at Stamford Bridge and how he feels about the future.
When asked about his uninspiring spell at Stamford Bridge, Morata revealed his happiness to have featured for such a big club even if things didn’t go well for him.
Irrespective of the setbacks — injuries and loss of form — he encountered under Antonio Conte and Maurizio Sarri, the 26-year-old said he’s proud of the past.
“The past is the past and cannot be changed. But I am proud of my past.” Morata admitted.
As for his future expectations with Atletico Madrid, Morata revealed his eagerness to start working with Diego Simeone. He confessed his readiness to help the Wanda Metropolitano outfits achieve a great feat this season.
“I cannot wait until everything is over, everything starts and I can train with my teammates,” he said to reporters
Should everything go on as planned, the former Juventus striker will officially become Atletico’s newest arrival on Monday.
He should be ready for criticism from Real Madrid fans when Atletico come up against his former employers Real Madrid later in the campaign.
It is said that the loan move could be made permanent by the end of the campaign if Morata performs up to his billings during his six-month stay under the Argentine manager.
Man United desperate to land Atletico Madrid chief Andrea Berta
English Premier League outfit Manchester United are keen on the restructuring following the sack of the former manager Jose Mourinho in December last year.
While the poor results contributed to why the Portuguese international was shown the way out, the fact that there were fracas between the former Chelsea boss and the executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward over transfer dealings made it necessary for the club to seek for a restructuring that will have a sporting director take the responsibility of transfer activities.
This is why the Red Devils seek to speak with Spanish La Liga outfit Atletico Madrid sporting chief Andrea Berta in order to have him switch to the English Premier League club.
According to reports, United are hoping to land Andrea Berta as the technical director of the team having recognized the success he has achieved at the Spanish capital.
However, the Red Devils will have to be convincing enough in their bid for Andrea Berta knowing that Atletico Madrid are not willing to part ways with him anytime soon.
Andrea Berta has been given the credit for helping Atletico Madrid win the 2012/14 La Liga title as well as reaching the finals of the Champions League in 2014 and 2016.
Chelsea transfer news : Morata in Madrid for his medicals
Having completed their long-awaited move for Gonzalo Higuain last night, the Blues are reportedly set to release Alvaro Morata to Atletico Madrid for the rest of the campaign.
The Spaniard failed to live up to the hype and Sarri his more than ready to cash in on his signature this month.
In fact, the Sun are reporting that the 26-year-old striker has landed in his home country ahead of his medical with Atletico Madrid.
The La Liga giants are ready to give Morata another opportunity to revamp his career and they’ve reportedly reached an agreement with the Blues for his signature.
The British outlet said that a £4.4m loan deal has been sealed between both clubs and he could be unveiled latest on Friday, should everything work out as expected.
Morata scored just six goals in all the appearances he’s made for the Blues throughout this season, and Sarri isn’t happy with his goal return.
The former Napoli manager will now hope that his new buy — Gonzalo Higuain who was his former player during his days at Napoli — help the team score many goals that will be enough to see them qualify for Champions League next season.
Meanwhile, the former Real Madrid forward won’t partake in tonight’s clash against Tottenham due to the Blues inability to unveil him before Wednesday.
The player, who has chosen to wear jersey number 9, will hope to justify the huge faith impose in him by Chelsea supporters across the world.
Should he perform brilliantly, he could be signed on a permanent deal before the start of next season.
Shocking!! Morata’s move to Atletico Madrid takes a new twist
Many media outlets reported yesterday that Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata is closer to completing his switch to the Wanda Metropolitano stadium.
Almost all Spanish publications revealed that a deal could be sealed between both clubs on Tuesday so as to allow Gonzalo Higuain move to Stamford Bridge in the same day.
However, latest rumour surrounding the Spaniard’s move to Atletico Madrid suggest the La Liga giants are likely to delay their move for his signature, that’s according to football expert Guillem Balague
The pundit said that Diego Simeone could be forced to wait a little longer before finalizing a deal with the Blues for the 26-year-old due to FIFA fair play rule.
He claimed Atletico Madrid must sell one of their players this week so as to be eligible to bring the Chelsea flop to Spain.
According to him, Morata will need to be at Stamford Bridge until Atletico get rid of one player from their squad.
Meanwhile, it is believed that Diego Simeone is set to part ways with 23-year-old striker Gelson Martins who joined his side from Benfica last season.
The Portuguese attacker has failed to displace Griezmann from the manager’s starting lineup, so, he’s not getting quality time on the pitch and he wants to leave the team.
Monaco and Milan are reportedly keeping close tabs on his signature and one of the clubs could capture his services before the end of the week.
Guillem Balague said that Martin’s future will determine whether Morata will join the Spanish side or not.
No more deal for Arsenal from former Atletico Madrid forward
The race has ended for the North London outfit Arsenal in the pursuit of Chinese Super League outfit Dalian Yifang winger Yannick Carrasco in this winter transfer window.
This is as it has been established that the Gunners lack the financial ability to land the star winger at the moment, of latest reports should be believed.
The North London side have made it clear that they will not be active in their participation for addition in this January transfer window but will rather have some few additions on a loan deal to solve their urgent need for the next six months.
The former Atletico Madrid had a great spell in the Spanish La Liga before a move to China and he seems desperate to return to Europe where he can be seen and heard of.
Belgian football expert has also revealed that the North London side have been given the go-ahead to land Yannick Carrasco by re Chinese side but the Gunners do not have the financial ability to heed to the call.
This, therefore, means that their hope of landing Yannick Carrasco is already dead as other suitors will jump at the opportunity to land him before the end of January.
United preparing bid for former Atletico Madrid star
English Premier League side Manchester United are believed to be preparing a bid for former Atletico Madrid player Yannick Carrasco with talks expected to begin anytime soon.
The report claims that the Red Devils representatives have begun talks with Yannick Carrasco’s representatives in order to pull a move through in this winter transfer window.
Yannick Carrasco is currently plying his trade with Chinese side Dalian Yifang but he is hopeful to have a return to Europe with English Premier League outfit ready to hand him a way forward.
With reports claiming that interim manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been handed the sum of £50 million to secure more additions in this winter transfer window, Yannick Carrasco could be a good deal as it has been alleged that the former United player is a big fan of the star player.
However, the Red Devils will prepare a weekly wage of about £170 million a week as he currently earns the same amount with his Chinese based side.
With Antonio Valencia seeking to leave the club to Italian Serie A outfit Inter Milan for free, there is a need for the Old Trafford side to secure a replacement for him right from this January winter transfer window.
Why Arsenal must join Atletico Madrid in the race for this youngster
Spanish side Villarreal are facing an uphill task to move completely out of the relegation zone. The team are far from their usual convincing form right from the start of the campaign. They’ve lost seven, won three, from 16 League matches played so far.
However, one man has been a standout player in the team and many clubs are beginning to make move for his signature.
Samuel Chukwueze, 19, got promoted to the club’s first-team squad in September after series of fine display with the reserve team.
The youngster hasn’t looked back since his promotion to the senior team. He has scored four goals and he’s being likened to Bayern Munich star Arjen Robben.
The Nigerian international is being tracked by Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone who is very much impressed with his player’s work rate at the left side of attack.
According to Spanish media elgoldigital, the Argentine manager is more than ready to meet the player’s €40m release clause in his contract with the Yellow Submarines so as to snap him up before other suitors show interest in him.
Why Arsenal should rival Atletico for Samuel Chukwueze.
HE’S A REFINED TALENT
Irrespective of his age, the little-known Villarreal forward is of refined talent and won’t take much time to establish himself in any club he plays for.
His blistering pace and dribbling skills only can be compared to former Chelsea player Arjen Robben.
His goalscoring ability and eye for goal are part of his great assets that the Gunners mustn’t miss.
In the 10 games he’s played for the team in all competitions, Chukwueze was involved in seven goals making him one of the hottest teens in European football this season.
HE IS A LEFT-FOOTED WINGER
The Gunners haven’t had a naturally left-footed player to feature at the left side of attack for a long while.
Danny Welbeck, Alex Iwobi, Henrik Mkhitaryan and Mesut Ozil have all been deployed at the left flank of attack by Arsene Wenger and Unai Emery but none of them have truly impressed because they are not comfortable using left foot.
Samuel Chukwueze is a natural left-winger who comfortable with the ball at his foot.
However, being a left-footed player does not stop him from using his right foot to wreak havoc if conditions call for it.
With age on his side, the Villarreal academy product will definitely be an upgrade to Danny Welbeck who is sidelined due to injury.
The Gunners must make move for his signature now that he didn’t cost so much, else, they will miss another great opportunity to have a deadly winger in their ranks.
La Liga giant beat Arsenal, Liverpool to sign 13-goal forward
Atletico Madrid beat Arsenal, Liverpool to sign Gelson Martins.
Two English clubs, Liverpool and Arsenal have ran out of the race to sign Sporting Lisbon youngster, Gelson Martins.
As Spanish club, Atletico Madrid have beaten them to the bid.
The Spanish club, however, signed the young player on a free transfer which would have been a huge advantage for Arsenal or Liverpool.
Gelson Martins has been previously linked with a possible move to England but the player changed his mind unexpectedly.
He may have changed his heart probably because he might not get enough playing chances at Arsenal or Liverpool which are already filled up with key players.
Martins was forced to leave the Portuguese league following an attack during which 50 hooded men stormed into the training ground and physically attacked most of Lisbon players.
This event forced the 23-year-old player to terminate his contract with Sporting Lisbon.
And he had to hold on for some while before he made his final decision to move to Atletico Madrid.
Gelson Martins is known for his talent which will be put to good use in Spain.
Going by records, the 23-year-old winger has made 52 appearances in all competition for Lisbon.
And he has scored 13 goals and 13 assist as he has never played for any there club apart from Lisbon.
“Liverpool won’t sell him” – Club legend adamant Reds won’t sell starman this summer window
Former Liverpool player Steve Nicol is adamant that the Champions League beaten finalists won’t sell goalkeeper Loris Karius this summer transfer window.
Liverpool search for new goalkeeper
According to reports, the Merseysider’s are in the lookout for a new goalkeeper in the summer window following another hard campaign for the two shot-stoppers.
The Germany international safe hand has been the Reds No.1 in the second stanza of the 2017/2018 English Premier League season.
Loris Karius made two huge errors in Real Madrid’s 3-1 victory against the Reds in the UEFA Champions League final last month in Kiev.
Both Mignolet and Karius have heavily struggled to convince the technical crew and fans alike when given the opportunity to play in manager Jurgen Klopp’s starting line up.
Liverpool linked with Roma and Atletico stars
The Merseysider’s have been strongly linked with a possible swoop to land Brazil international goalkeeper Alisson Becker from AS Roma.
Atletico Madrid goalie Jan Oblak and Stoke safe hand Jack Butland have also been heavily linked with the club.
The former Liverpool defender doesn’t feel Liverpool will sell the shot-stopper despite his terrible error in last month’s UEFA Champions League final.
The Reds are in the fourth position on the Premier League log and finished five points ahead of former Champions Chelsea in the English topflight League table.
Diego Costa bid “wonderful” Chelsea fans farewell after completing Atletico Madrid transfer
Spain international striker Diego Costa has written an “emotional” farewell message to “wonderful” Chelsea’s fans after the Blues confirmed his move to Spanish La Liga side Atletico Madrid.
Diego Costa has completed his £59million transfer back to Real Madrid after three successful season’s in the west London club that saw him win the English Premier League title twice
Atletico Madrid’s transfer ban means the transfer deal will take effect from new year January 1, 2018.
The Spaniard, who will watch the Blues and Atletico Madrid play each other in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday evening, used a post on Instagram to say his goodbyes to Chelsea supporters and staff.
He wrote: “Some cycles (Journey) begin while others (come to an) end. My (Diego Costa) cycle began at Chelsea (Stamford Bridge) three years ago – three remarkable (Successful) years in all aspects – and I (Diego Costa) will never forget it.
“Two championship (Premier League) titles, an (FA) Community Shield, 120 games, 59 goals and 24 assists later this cycle (Journey) has ended. Not the way I (Diego Costa) would have wanted (the journey to end) – far from it – but the (very) best way possible.
“The wonderful fans Chelsea Supporters) of such equally admirable club (Chelsea) and all team mates (colleagues at Chelsea), as well as clinical (medical staff), administrative and logistics staff (Chelsea management team) will remain forever in my (Diego Costa) mind and in my (Diego Costa) heart.
“I (Diego Costa) will bring them (memories) with me (Diego Costa) in the certainty that I (Diego Costa) will always be by their (Chelsea) side as well and I (Diego Costa) am sure they (Chelsea fans) will understand the reason why this cycle of mine has now (come to an) end (ed) – because I (Diego Costa) could not lose faith in myself. Thank you Chelsea (Fans, staff) for everything.”
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte, meanwhile, said he has no personal problems with his former forward and will shake hands with Diego Costa if they meet each other again.
Diego Costa sends message to boss Conte and fans – ‘I have no bitterness’
Outgoing Chelsea striker Diego Costa insists he is not angry with manager Antonio Conte after the Blues confirmed on Thursday they have agreed to cash in on the striker to La Liga side Atletico Madrid.
The 28-year-old forward will initially join the Spanish side on loan, but Atletico has an obligation to sign the player for £57.2 million next summer.
Diego Costa will be unable to feature for Atletico until next year January due to their transfer embargo but is able to train with the team.
As part of the Costa deal, the Blues will not subsidize any of the Brazil-born striker’s £185,000-weekly salary.
And talking to newsmen before boarding a flight to the Spanish Capital City, Diego Costa stressed he was not annoyed at the way Antonio Conte had treated him.
Th Striker told Splash News: “There’s nothing of the sort there, I (Costa) am not upset with anybody (Conte).
“I (Costa) have no bitterness towards anyone (Conte). Everything is cool.”
The striker then sent a message to Chelsea fans saying: “Everybody knows how much I (Costa) love the (Chelsea) fans.”
The Spain international striker refused to return to the city of London, deciding to stay in Brazil until an agreement was completed with Atletico, the club he spent four seasons at before joining the Blues in 2014.
Costa was warned by Spain National team coach Julen Lopetegui that he risked missing next year’s FIFA World Cup if he didn’t play regular football at club level.
Chelsea3 years ago
Chelsea to Complete Shock Move For Three Times Balon D’or Player
Chelsea2 years ago
Good News! Conte Finally Confirms Diego Costa Loves Chelsea And Will Stay!
Chelsea1 year ago
Confirmed! Chelsea Complete Signing Of Attacking Midfielder!
Chelsea2 years ago
Finally, Roman Abramovich ‘Intervene’ In Costa Issue With Conte
Chelsea2 years ago
Good News: Chelsea To Complete Signing Of Star Player In Few Hours
Chelsea2 years ago
Confirmed – Chelsea Make Offer To Sign Luis Muriel
Chelsea3 years ago
Nainggolan comfirms Chelsea talks
Chelsea2 years ago
Done Deal: Chelsea Finally Seal Signing Of Man United Target Ethan Ampadu