Players that have made City, Liverpool and Chelsea defense hard to penetrate
Man City, Liverpool, and Chelsea are the top three teams on the EPL table, one unique similarity about the three football clubs is that they have played ten matches in the EPL so far but still remain undefeated.
Most football clubs that have played against these three clubs have come to realize that it quite hard to bypass their defense line.
This is actually the truth, Man Utd so far have conceded just three goals in 10 matches, Liverpool have conceded four while Chelsea have conceded seven.
For this reasons, we decided to compile a list of key players that have made the defense of these football clubs hard to penetrate.
1. Virgil Van Dijk: He is the world most expensive defender, Liverpool signed from Southampton in January for the sun of £75 million.
On various occasions, Virgil Van Dijk has proven why he is the best defender, he has won 38 aerial battles.
2. Aymeric Laporte: the 24-year-old join Man City from Atletico Bilbao at the sum of £57 million, he has played 19 games without any loss and he also has the second highest number of passes in the EPL.
3. David Luiz: he was not a regular player under former coach, Antonio Conte but since the arrival of the new coach, Maurizio Sarri, the Brazil star has been the key player in the Blues defense.
4. Joe Gomez: this young defender has formed a better combination with Virgil Van Dijk to make Liverpool defense stronger.
5. Ederson: the Brazil goalie doesn’t usually have much work to do due to the tight defense at Man City but whenever he performs, it is always spectacular.
The Brazil goalie during the game against Tottenham made a good decision by rushing out to deny Harry Kane chance to score.