Connect with us

EPL

Why Liverpool fans express worry about goalkeeper Alisson

Published

on

Alisson Becker

Alisson Becker skills

With three wins in as many matches and no goals conceded, Liverpool fans have expressed worry over the dribbling tendencies of the world’s most expensive goalkeeper Alisson Becker in front of goal.

The former AS Roma shot-stopper who has been in excellent form since joining the Reds from the Italian giants for a world record fee of £65 million has been a subject of worry for the Merseyside club fans who are genuinely perturbed by his fancy footwork in goal.

The Brazilian international who became only the fourth Liverpool goalkeeper in the last 51 years to begin the start to a league season with three consecutive clean sheets after Bruce Grobbelaar, Pepe Reina and Simon Mignolet in their weekend game was twice almost caught out by the Brighton & Hove Albion forward Glenn Murray.

you may also like?

The goalkeeper who drew cheers from the Anfield crowd with some neat footwork as he dinked over Anthony Knockaert to retain his side’s possession during the game against Brighton on Saturday said:

‘I try my best to help the team in the build-up.

‘If sometimes there is a situation where there is dribbling, I do it carefully.

Jurgen Klopp who hailed the 25-year-old star’s confidence and deft footwork was quick to warn his players against unnecessarily having to put the goalkeeper in that kind of situation where his skills will be put to test. According to him,

‘Too often in the second half we put him in a situation where we needed him in a similar position by playing back passes in the wrong moments, stuff like that, it made no sense.’

Alisson Becker has so far endeared himself to Liverpool supporters and will be hoping he can continue in the same vein in the coming fixtures.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Arsenal

UEFA Nations League: Southgate makes case for clubs, players

Published

on

Southgate

The UEFA Nations League has been ongoing since the commencement of the international break and it has not been an easy one for players who have got just a little time to rest.

England national team coach Gareth Southgate is one of those who will hit out on the Premier League for rushing to begin the league without giving necessary conditions to players who were at the Russia 2018 World Cup.

Southgate who spoke ahead of his side’s Nations League game against Spain noted that clubs are placed in an impossible situation where they have to field players who have not rested to achieve results.

According to the England boss it was wrong for the Premier League to have started on August 10; just 27 days after his side were eliminated by Belgium in the World Cup.

Citing Tottenham as an example, Southgate said many of their players reached the semi-finals of the World Cup and had no rest until the league started, pointing it as the reason why they have failed to give their best performance.

The situation becomes more difficult for players as they have to return back to their various countries for the UEFA competition without enough rest for them to have.

Southgate is the second after Liverpool manager to have made such a claim, with the German manager arguing that the Nations League should be scrapped to allow players to refresh before they return back to their various clubs.

Liverpool swoop in to beat Man United and Chelsea to £110,000-a-week player deal

Loading...
Continue Reading

EPL

United to reward star player with £150k a week contract

Published

on

Luke Shaw

Manchester United are reportedly set to reward Luke Shaw with a £150,000 a-week contract that will have him remain at the Old Trafford much longer.

It was earlier anticipated that the England international was on his way out of the club but he has since found a reason to remain having had a good pre-season outing to force him back into manager Jose Mourinho’s team.

Shaw, whose current contract expires by next summer will now be rewarded with a new contract at the club as he is now a major part of the United team so far in this season.

The Express reports that the decision to hand him a new and improved offer was the decision of the Portuguese manager who is pleased with Shaw’s improvement and commitment to the club.

Shaw has been reported to be on Tottenham’s radar but that could be the end of the speculations once an agreement is reached and a deal is signed.

It has been suggested that the former Southampton player remains in the future plans of the club knowing that he has age as an advantage for him.

The Old Trafford side are looking forward to bouncing back after the international break as they battle Chelsea at the Stamford Bridge.

Adrien Rabiot lands a heavy blow on Liverpool, a new hope for Henderson

Loading...
Continue Reading

Arsenal

Why Unai Emery delights in Ramsey’s contract mess

Published

on

Aaron Ramsey

It is no longer news at Arsenal that Aaron Ramsey will be leaving the club at the end of the season as a free agent.

Ramsey’s contract already runs into the last months with a deal not agreed for an extension as efforts to hold talks with the player failed over personal terms.

It is revealed that the player was offered a deal worth £185,000-a-week which he rejects in demand for a higher figure.

However, it has been revealed as reported by Tribalfootball that manager Unai Emery is well delighted with the development as he will not favour a £185,000 deal for the Wales international per week.

According to the report, a huge deal for the contract rebel will stand as a barrier to the Spanish manager’s intention to sign more players in the summer because the club would have reached its financial height.

However, the former PSG manager is believed to be behind the Gunners’ decision to back off from further contract talks with the Wales man.

Meanwhile, efforts to have Ramsey sold in the January transfer window so as to cash on him might not be with the player already making it clear his intention to remain until the end of the season.

Why De Gea might leave United anytime soon

Loading...
Continue Reading

Chelsea

Confirmed! Ruben Loftus-Cheek finally bows to pressure ready to leave Chelsea

Published

on

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Chelsea midfielder and England international, Ruben Loftus-Cheek has finally bowed to pressure and will leave Chelsea on loan in the January transfer window.

The report was made public by the Daily Mail, which confirmed that the midfielder is now ready to accede to a loan move away from Chelsea.

Loftus-Cheek has reportedly grown frustrated from the limited playing chances he has gotten so far this season with Chelsea coach, Maurizio Sarri not seeing him as a credible player to be in the Blues first eleven.

The England international had a loan spell at Crystal Palace last season, which saw him in his top form and went ahead to earn him a spot in the English national team.

However, this season saw the player refusing to leave on another loan spell as he disclosed he wanted to fight for his space in the Blues squad.

But Chelsea coach Maurizio Sarri prefers to start the trio of Kovacic, Kante, and Jorginho in the midfield.

His limited playing chances this season has seen him dropped out from England’s national squad.

He has only made one start for Chelsea this season which was in the UEL match against Mol Vidi.

This may be one of the reasons the midfielder is now ready to leave on loan with Arsenal or Everton a possible destination.

Liverpool target warned not to move to Chelsea because of Eden Hazard

Loading...
Continue Reading

Arsenal

Arsenal defender ends national team career

Published

on

Laurent Koscielny

Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny has put an end to his international career with France.

The plan earlier nurtured by the 33-year-old was to retire after the World Cup that ended in July but unfortunately, he could not make it to the world biggest tournament as a result of the Achilles injury that kept him away.

Koscielny in his speech stated that he has given all to the French national team and it is time for him to put an end to it.

However, he blasted the World Cup-winning boss Didier Deschamps, saying the French manager abandoned him.

Koscielny said there was no contact between him and his national team manager, adding that Deschamps only called him on his birthday and that was all.

The Gunners defender says he is disappointed in the manager’s attitude towards him especially when he was going through a lot.

Koscielny said he had a lot of friends when he was in good form but they are no more today because he has been on the sideline due to injury.

Koscielny, who has 51 caps, was injured in Arsenal’s Europa League semi-final loss to Atletico Madrid in May and is still recovering. He has been billed to return fully later in the year.

Liverpool vs Man City: Virgil van Dijk reveals how he intends to battle Sergio Aguero

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Featured On

Arsenal News Chelsea News Liverpool News Manchester United News Spurs News Manchester City News West Ham News Everton News Rangers FC News
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending