Connect with us

Chelsea

Premier League striker finally reveals reason he snubbed Chelsea

Published

on

Tottenham striker Fernando Llorente revealed that a last-minute phone call from Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino convinced him to snub the Premier League champions in favour of a transfer move to Tottenham Hotspur.

The former Spain international striker made the transfer from Swansea for a reported £12million fee on summer transfer deadline day and will provide adequate competition for star forward like England international Harry Kane.

The Spaniard, who netted 15 league goals last campaign, had been expected to reunite with his former Juventus tactician Antonio Conte at Chelsea.

But the 32-year-old experienced striker said his decision was influenced by a late minute call from Spurs tactician Pochettino.

He told Daily Mail that Pochettino called him and convinced him to join Spurs.

He admitted that the Blues have been pursuing his signature for a long time, but things changed at the end.

He disclosed his happiness at the end because he believed everything came out perfect. He claimed Spurs are an amazing football club with a wonderful football project.

Undoubtedly, Pochettino played a very pivotal role in his decision to snub Chelsea for Spurs.

Llorente made his debut for his new club in Wednesday’s 3-1 win over German Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund in the UEFA Champions League, replacing Harry Kane off the substitute bench at Wembley Stadium.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *