Antonio Conte dares Chelsea board; Says he fears no sack
Despite Chelsea falling behind their Premier League title rivals in the race for the Ultimate prize, their Italian tactician Antonio Conte has no worries about his future at Stamford Bridge, according to reports.
The former Juventus and Italy manager say he will not fear the sack from the West London club after the reigning Premier League champions rode out a turbulent clash with Watford to run out with a 4-2 win on Saturday.
Pedro Rodriguez’s stunning goal earlier in the match was soon forgotten as Abdoulaye Doucoure slotted in an equalizer and Roberto Pereyra scored either side of two surprising Richarlison misses that should have put Marco Silva’s team in the clear.
And Chelsea made the most of the misses as Belgium international forward Michy Batshuayi scored twice and defender Cesar Azpilicueta netted to take the Blues above their opponent and into the Premier League top four.
Coming into the Premier League fixture on the back of bruising losses to rivals Manchester City and Crystal Palace, and considering the volatility of Chelsea hot seat, some fans and pundits alike had questioned Antonio Conte’s long-term prospects at Stamford Bridge, but the boss says he is not feeling any heat from Billionaire owner Roman Abramovich.
The tactician said he is putting 150 percent for the club and the players are doing the same.