Connect with us

Chelsea

Chelsea Almost Done With £70M Summer Transfer

Avatar

Published

on

romelu lukaku

According to new reports coming from Italy, premier league table leaders Chelsea are closing in already to sign Everton striker Romelu Lukaku, and the deal is almost done.

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is determined to add power to his attack in the fast approaching summer transfer window. And now, Lukaku who has been linked with a move to Chelsea in recent times, is said to be almost done with the Chelsea deal by Sky Italia.

The Belgian star has scored 21 goals this season so far for Everton and is currently the Premier League’s top scorer. He also reportedly has a price tag of £70 million.

Few days ago, there were claims that Antonio Conte and the blues technical director Michael Emenalo are not on the same page regarding which striker to sign in the upcoming summer.

The former Juventus manager prefers signing Real Madrid star Alvaro Morata, while Michael Emenalo is only interested in re-signing Romelu Lukaku from Everton.

The technical director is of the opinion that Lukaku’s experience of the Premier League should be the major reason Chelsea should choose the Belgian over the Spaniard.

However from all indications, Conte would definitely be very busy in the summer transfer and will sign a handful of top players so his team can be strong favourites to win the Champions League next season.

Apart from the duo of Morata and Lukaku, Arsenal’s embattled star player Alexis Sanchez is also linked with a move to Chelsea.

Hi. I'm Akanni. I grew up with sports, football in particular. It's no surprise why I enjoy the beautiful game. Ask for my favorite team, and I might respond thus: Let The Best Team Win

Arsenal

Analyzing what Ashely Cole said about Harry Kane after Hat-trick

subair

Published

on

By

Ashley Cole

Ashley Cole has reacted over Harry Kane’s goals during England’s 7-0 win over Montenegro, he explains how the Tottenham captain is a natural leader.

Harry Kane, 26, who married about a year ago took reached 19 goals yesterday, with ten goals for Tottenham and nine for England – He scored a hat-trick on Thursday night when te  The Three Lions played against Montenegro.

Liverpool midfielder, Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain, Tammy Abraham, and Marcus Rashford saw England breeze through to a much-deserved victory at home.

Ashley Cole gave his verdict on Kane and his performance on Thursday night, Harry Kane now supersedes Alan Shearer, Nat Lofthouse, and Frank Lampard to become The Three Lion’s sixth-highest goal scorer of all-time.

“I don’t want to be disrespectful and say he’s just a goalscorer,” Cole said. “He has a cleverness and brings others into play but when he’s in front of goal, he’s quality. All strikers want to score goals, he should be really happy with his contribution.”

234sport’s view – Can Harry Kane ever beat Wayne Rooney’s record of 53?

So far it Harry Kane as scored 31 goals in just 44 appearances. We believe that with the commencement of Euro 2020 next summer and the Nations League, there is every chance he will beat Wayne Rooney’srecord.

To achieve this, He injury free, avoid ankle problems that have seen him out of play in the past.

Continue Reading

Bristol City

Bristol City Eyeing Permanent Transfer For 26-Year-Old Chelsea Loanee

Avatar

Published

on

English Championship club Bristol City are plotting a permanent deal for Chelsea defender Tomas Kalas this summer according to the latest reports emanating from the media in the United Kingdom.

Tomas Kalas spent last season on loan at Bristol City whom he joined from Chelsea during last summer’s transfer window.

The Robins are keen to make his loan move to the club permanent this summer.

Kalas was in superb form for Bristol City but he was unable to propel them to the Championship playoffs as the Robins narrowly missed out on the playoff cut on the final day of the regular season.

The 26-year-old is the longest serving player at Chelsea after the Blues paid Czech side Sigma Olomouc £5.2m to secure his transfer in 2010.

Tomas Kalas has previously had loan spells at clubs like Middlesboro and Fulham whom he helped to secure promotion to the Premier League during the 2017/18 season.

He was not retained by Fulham for the Premier League season which turned out to be a poor one for the Cottagers.

Fulham will play their football in the English Championship next season after they suffered relegation from the top flight of English football for the first time.

The Cottagers finished second from bottom at the end of the latest Premier League season.

Continue Reading

Bournemouth

Man Utd Line Up £50m Replacement For Ex-Chelsea Star

Segun Amuda

Published

on

Premier League giants Manchester United are reportedly eyeing a summer move for Bournemouth midfielder David Brooks.

This is according to the publication from the Daily Mirror which claimed that the Red Devils are targeting a move for the Welsh international player.

It was revealed that Manchester United will reinvest the proposed transfer fee from Inter Milan for Romelu Lukaku in the signing of David Brooks.

Former Chelsea striker Lukaku is said to be closing in on a big money move to Italian Serie A with Inter Milan after agreeing on weekly wages of around £180,000 ahead of a possible £75m move to the San Siro.

Romelu Lukaku became the top transfer target for Inter Milan following the appointment of former Chelsea manager Antonio Conte who was returning to the dugout for the first time since his exit from West London giants Chelsea.

The aforementioned publication revealed that Manchester United want to reinvest the majority of the money for Lukaku on David Brooks who shone for Bournemouth last season.

It was his first season in the Premier League following his move from Sheffield United last summer.

The Welsh international has also been linked with a move to Champions League finalists Tottenham Hotspur in the past weeks.

Continue Reading

Atletico Madrid

Ex-Chelsea player in contention to seal deal to Spain

Segun Amuda

Published

on

Southampton defender Ryan Bertrand is reportedly attracting the interest of two major European sides according to the latest reports coming out of the media in the United Kingdom.

The former Chelsea left-back has previously been linked with Premier League champions Manchester City but he has new suitors besides the English top flight.

According to the specific publication from the stables of the Daily Mail, Spanish La Liga giants Atletico Madrid and Italian Serie A club Inter Milan are keen on a summer move for Ryan Bertrand.

The 29-year-old has two years left on his current deal with the Saints and the Premier League club is interested in the sale of Ryan Bertrand.

It was revealed that Southampton will demand £15m for the former Chelsea defender though the two aforementioned European teams are confident that they can get their transfer target for £10m.

Ryan Bertrand was part of the Chelsea team that won the 2012 Champions League final in Munich.

Chelsea won the Champions League title for the first time in their history after they defeated German champions Bayern Munich via penalties.

Atletico Madrid and Inter Milan are both in need of a new left-back ahead of the new season.

Spanish giants Atletico Madrid have lost the services of Lucas Hernandez to Bayern Munich and Bertrand could be his replacement.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

4-3-3: How Chelsea Will Line Up If They Sign €100m Barcelona Star

Segun Amuda

Published

on

Europa League winners Chelsea will have to overturn their transfer ban if they want to sign new players during this summer’s transfer window.

The West London giants are battling with a two-window transfer ban imposed on them by world football’s governing body FIFA at the moment after they were found culpable in the signing of players under the age of 18.

Chelsea have already had an appeal rejected by the Appeal Committee of FIFA thus prompting the Premier League giants to submit an appeal at the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS).

The Blues lost their star player Eden Hazard to Spanish giants Real Madrid earlier this summer in a deal reported to be around €100m but they are unable to sign a replacement for him due to the transfer ban.

Barcelona midfielder Philippe Coutinho is on the list of possible replacements for Eden Hazard but any move to Stamford Bridge will be dependent on the transfer ban.

Philippe Coutinho is keen to leave Barcelona this summer after a disappointing 18 months at the Nou Camp and the Catalans would be willing to accept at least €100m.

Chelsea Starting XI (4-3-3): Kepa Arrizabalaga; Cesar Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Antonio Rudiger, Emerson Palmieri; N’Golo Kante, Jorginho, Ruben Loftus-Cheek; Philippe Coutinho, Olivier Giroud, Christian Pulisic

Continue Reading

Chelsea

£57m Midfielder Plots Exit Following Sarri’s Appointment At Juventus

Segun Amuda

Published

on

Chelsea midfielder Jorginho has reportedly set his sights on leaving the West London giants this summer on the back of the exit of Maurizio Sarri.

This is according to the publication from the Daily Mirror which revealed that the Italian international star is worried about his future at Chelsea.

Maurizio Sarri was the major reason Jorginho snubbed Premier League champions Manchester City last summer in favor of a £57m transfer to Chelsea.

Jorginho already had an agreement with Manchester City before Sarri convinced him to join Chelsea only for the Italian tactician to exit the club after one season.

Just like Jorginho, Sarri left Napoli for Chelsea last summer but he has returned to Italy after just one season.

The 60-year-old has put pen to paper on a three-year deal as the new Juventus manager and Jorginho is keen to follow him.

The Daily Mirror revealed that Jorginho is ready to quit Chelsea for Juventus in a £50m deal.

Jorginho and Sarri were verbally abused by a lot of Chelsea players after the former featured prominently at the base of the Chelsea midfield instead of N’golo Kante.

In the end, they had the last laugh after Chelsea ended the season with the Europa League title.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Chelsea Set Deadline For Frank Lampard Appointment

Segun Amuda

Published

on

Frank Lampard

Europa League champions Chelsea have set a deadline for the appointment of Derby County manager Frank Lampard as their new manager according to a publication from the stables of the London Evening Standard.

The West Londoners are hoping to appoint the former Chelsea midfielder before the end of the week on a three-year deal.

Frank Lampard is the overwhelming favorite for the vacant managerial job at Chelsea after the exit of Italian tactician Maurizio Sarri.

The former Napoli and Empoli manager has signed a three-year deal to become the new Juventus manager after the resignation of Maximiliano Allegri who led the Old Lady to eight straight titles.

Juventus confirmed Sarri as their new manager on Sunday.

The 60-year-old will be replaced by Frank Lampard who attained legendary status at Stamford Bridge after emerging as the all-time leading goalscorer.

Frank Lampard spent 13 years as a player at Chelsea and he scored 211 goals in the blue colours of the club.

He will take charge of the Chelsea first team after just one season as a manager at Derby County.

Lampard led the Championship club to playoff final before they were beaten by Aston Villa.

Derby County lost 2-1 to the Midlands club who were able to seal Premier League promotion as a result of the victory.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Ex-Chelsea Star Pens New 2-Year Man Utd Contract

Segun Amuda

Published

on

Manchester United midfielder Juan Manuel Mata has extended his stay at the club beyond this summer after he signed a new contract with the club.

His new contract was confirmed by Manchester United on Wednesday evening via their official Twitter page.

The Spanish international player would have been a free agent this summer.

His previous contract would have expired in few days’ time but the Red Devils have moved to secure him on a long-term deal.

The former Chelsea playmaker has signed a two-year deal to take his time at Manchester United to the end of the 2020/21 season.

There’s the option of a third year in the new contract signed by the former Valencia player.

Juan Mata was linked with several clubs on the European football scene but the Spaniard opted to stay at the Theatre of Dreams.

The Spanish midfielder was touted as a possible transfer addition to major European sides like Juventus, Arsenal and Barcelona.

The Gunners provided him with the opportunity to reunite with Arsenal boss Unai Emery whom he worked with at Valencia.

Juan Manuel Mata became a Manchester United player during the winter transfer window in January 2014 when the Red Devils paid £37.1m to secure his transfer.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

PSG Plotting Summer Move For 20-Year-Old Chelsea Target

Segun Amuda

Published

on

French giants Paris Saint Germain (PSG) are eyeing a move for AC Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnaruma this summer according to recent reports from the British media.

PSG are in the market for a new goalkeeper following the exit of veteran Italian shot stopper Gianluigi Buffon this summer.

Buffon turned down the offer of a one-year contract extension to leave PSG after just one year having joined the French capital outfit as a free agent and on a one-year deal last summer.

The specific report from The Sun revealed that PSG want to replace the veteran Italian goalkeeper with a younger goalkeeper, Gianluigi Donnaruma.

The AC Milan goalkeeper was linked with a move to Chelsea last summer before the Blues signed Spanish shot stopper Kepa Arrizabalaga in a world-record deal for a goalkeeper.

Chelsea signed Kepa for £71m from Spanish La Liga side Athletic Bilbao last summer following the exit of Thibaut Courtois to Real Madrid.

The aforementioned publication also said that PSG want to pursue a deal for Gianluigi Donnaruma instead of Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea due to the fact that he’s eight years younger than the Red Devils player.

Real Madrid goalkeeper Keylor Navas has also been linked with a move to PSG this summer.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Man Utd Open Talks With £4.5m Chelsea Target

Segun Amuda

Published

on

Premier League giants Manchester United have opened talks with Napoli defender Elseid Hysaj according to the latest reports coming out of the Italian media.

Elseid Hysaj has revealed that he wants to leave the Italians this summer and he has been attracting the interest of Premier League clubs like Chelsea and Manchester United.

The 25-year-old was strongly linked with West London giants Chelsea while Maurizio Sarri was the Blues boss.

Sarri has since left Chelsea for Juventus after just one season in West London.

Elseid Hysaj came through the ranks at Empoli before he left the Italian Serie B side for Napoli in 2015 for a fee believed to be around £4.5m.

The Albanian international followed Maurizio Sarri from Empoli to Napoli four years ago and many people expected the same thing when the Italian tactician left Napoli for Chelsea last summer after three years with the Italian Serie A giants.

Manchester United are looking for a new right-back and Elseid Hysaj is one of the players under consideration.

Others like Max Aarons of newly promoted Premier League club Norwich City as well as Crystal Palace defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

Crystal Palace have rebuffed two bids from Manchester United for the aforementioned Wan-Bissaka who is presently on duty with England at the ongoing Euro u-21 Championship in France.

Continue Reading
Arsenal News Chelsea News Liverpool News Manchester United News Spurs News Manchester City News West Ham News Everton News Rangers FC News

Trending