Connect with us

Chelsea

Chelsea vs Cardiff City: Neil Warnock worried about these Chelsea duo

Published

on

Chelsea vs Cardiff City

Chelsea vs Cardiff City: Neil Warnock worried that these two Chelsea players are available to play

Coach Neil Warnock will be leading his Cardiff City boys to Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

Neil in a statement expressed his disappointment over having to play Chelsea with either of the availability of  Eden Hazard or Willian.

He went on to say Cardiff City would have full advantage if none of the two were available to play for the Blues.

Neil hinted that the two players are the lifeline at Chelsea and if they were absent the match will be fair.

The Cardiff City coach in a statement revealed he wished Chelsea had sold off Eden Hazard and Willian to Spanish clubs, Barcelona and Real Madrid respectively.

He went on to say that he wished Eden Hazard had sustained some injury during the international break and that would have kept him off the pitch.

As it stands, Chelsea duo Willian and Eden Hazard will be available to play against Cardiff City.

However, Neil Warnock has assured a fair play, he said his boys will be playing against Chelsea with a full attacking style since they have little or no chance to lose.

Agent Joao Santos discloses Chelsea was not Jorginho’s destination

Loading...
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Chelsea

“I don’t deserve to win Ballon d’Or award” Says Eden Hazard: is he right or wrong?

Published

on

Eden Hazard

It’s every player’s dream to be the best player in the world. Many players would even go extra miles; double their training sessions; spend much time in the gym to improve their fitness level– all of these are done just to stand a chance of winning the highly regarded Ballon d’Or award.

Surprisingly, Chelsea forward Eden Hazard has revealed he’s not obsessed with the award and he’s not playing football to win personal awards, instead, he loves playing for the team.

“Winning the Ballon d’Or is not a goal for me. If I win it one day, great. If I do not, it won’t be a problem.”

According to the Belgian in his latest interview with the press, though he’s nominated for this year’s Ballon d’Or award, he didn’t see himself taking home the personal glory.

“Even though I had a very good year, I have to keep my feet on the ground. I do not deserve the Ballon d’Or,” he said.

He revealed that the players he’s up against in the race for the award are too good and more deserving.

He further named two players whom he believes are capable of winning the award. As for him, Croatian star Luka Modric has done enough to take home the prize as he was influential in his country’s run to FIFA World Cup second position.

He equally tipped French youngster Kylian Mbappe for the award. The young PSG striker has been awesome for club and country this year, helping the Les Blues to Russia 2018 World Cup glory.

“I would have said Luka Modric but he has played a little less well since August and September. So, if we take into account the beginning of the season, I would say Kylian Mbappe.” he said told reporters.

Though Hazard’s analysis on Kylian Mbappe and Modric are definitely spot-on, is he right to write off himself in the race for this year’s Balon d’Or award?

Since the second half of last season, the Belgian has added more pace, trickery and goalscoring instinct to his game and these qualities made him a more useful and reliable player under Antonio Conte.

His dribbling ability can’t be compared to any player in the League, while his pace on the ball can only be equalled by a handful of players in English League.

Since Sarri takes over the club this season, Hazard seems to have woken up to the truth that he needs to score many goals to win the Balon d’Or glory and he is doing that so far this season.

In just 14 matches he’s played so far in all competitions, the 27-year-old has scored eight goals and four assists, making him one of the most productive strikers in Europe.

His talismanic nature for the Red Devils of Belgium is another reason why it would be impossible to buy Hazard’s comment about his eligibility to win the prize.

His goals and assists to Romelu Lukaku and Kelvin Debryune were one of the reasons why Belgium qualified to the semifinal round of the Russia 2018 World Cup tournament for the first time in their history.

Though they failed to defeat France in the semi-final round of the competition, they managed to defeat England in the third-place match to win bronze.

Considering the arrays of world-class players around Kylian Mbappe at PSG and the number of stars around Modric at Real Madrid, it is safe to say that winning last season’s title with their respective clubs shouldn’t be criteria for the prize.

Mbappe and Modric are worthy nominees but saying that Hazard is not in the race for the prize is far from being true and unacceptable.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Chelsea

Chelsea defeat Liverpool in ‘pacey forward’ transfer

Published

on

Christian Pulisic

Premier League giants Chelsea have reportedly won the race to sign Liverpool target Christian Pulisic when the transfer window reopens in the New Year.

The 20-year-old has been a long-term target of the Reds but it seems like they have been beaten to his signature by their Premier League title rivals Chelsea.

According to the publication from the Daily Mail, the Blues have won the keenly contested race to sign him ahead of both Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur.

It was further claimed that Chelsea want to sign him in the January transfer window and that it could be a world record transfer for the United States of America international.

The Blues set a new record transfer fee in the summer when they paid Athletic Bilbao around £70m for Spanish international goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga.

Christian Pulisic has not featured like he would have wanted this season in the colours of Borussia Dortmund and that’s partly due to the sensational form of England international forward Jadon Sancho.

The former Manchester City player has light up the German Bundesliga stadiums with his performances.

Borussia Dortmund and Chelsea were initially expected to do a deal for Pulisic in the summer but the Blues have decided to fast forward to January.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Chelsea

Chelsea close to signing £70m-rated prodigy

Published

on

Christian Pulisic

Reports emerging from Stamford Bridge are claiming that the Blues are close to signing USA and Borussia Dortmund’s young striker Christian Pulisic.

Pulisic — whose current contract with the Bundesliga side expires in 2020 –has reportedly failed to discuss a new deal with Dortmund, giving rise to speculation that he could be on his way to Premier League.

According to BBC Sports, Chelsea are in advanced talks with Borussia Dortmund for his signature and it is believed that both parties have reached an agreement.

The 20-year-old is one of the best youngsters in world football as his rise to fame continues to surprise many pundits.

At 20, the American-born winger has appeared in 107 matches, scoring 15 goals in all competitions.

The experience gathered from his four-year stay at the Westfalenstadion will surely be an advantage to him whenever he moves to Chelsea, but the question still remains — is he really needed at Stamford Bridge.

Maurizio Sarri has so many wingers at his disposal, why go for a very young player whose endurance hasn’t really been tested.

Victor Moses and Olivier Giroud have both seen themselves dropped from the team’s starting lineup by the Italian boss while Danny Drinkwater has never gotten the chance to feature in the League this season.

It is obvious that English League demand much strength, endurance, physical and psychological fitness from a new player to become great and successful, does Pulisic possess all of these.

Despite the fact that he’s been wonderful for Borussia Dortmund, especially last season, Pulisic could turn out to be a flop at Stamford Bridge due to the stress he would encounter while playing in the Premier League.

With Pedro, Hazard and Willian an integral part of the team, it would be very difficult for the youngster to break into Sarri’s starting lineup in the nearest future.

The youngster has the same playing pattern with Eden Hazard and that absolutely makes him a second fiddle to the Belgian unless there’s injury to any striker in the team.

Maurizio Sarri should target a move for a midfielder, either attacking or defensive not spending huge money on a young player who could be overshadowed by established stars in the team.

N’Golo Kante is being deployed at the attacking midfield position and that’s obviously affecting the Frenchman’s overall display for the team.

It is important Sarri find a player who would fit into his tactics at the playmaking position so as to put the Frenchman in his preferred position

Loading...
Continue Reading

Chelsea

Chelsea unveils Hazard’s replacement

Published

on

Eden Hazard

Premier League giants Chelsea have identified Spanish international player Suso as a potential replacement for Star forward Eden Hazard.

This is in the event that the club fail to convince the 27-year-old that his long-term future lies at Stamford Bridge amidst strong interest from European champions Real Madrid.

The Champions League holders are long-term admirers of the Belgian international forward who has publicly talked about his desire to play for the Spanish capital club.

Eden Hazard has less than two years on his current Chelsea contract and the Blues are willing to make him their highest paid player ever with a big contract but the player is secretly waiting for a strong approach from Real Madrid.

The Spanish La Liga giants are expected to dip into their limitless transfer kitty next summer in a bid to sign a replacement for ex-talisman Cristiano Ronaldo who left the club for Juventus in the summer.

Many stakeholders see Hazard as a potential replacement for the 33-year-old at Real Madrid.

Suso plays his club football for Italian Serie A giants AC Milan and he has repeatedly been linked with a move back to the Premier League.

The 24-year-old was on the books of Liverpool before he joined Milan.

He has been in sensational form for AC Milan leading to reports that he’s capable to replace Eden Hazard in the team if he leaves Chelsea.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Chelsea

Chelsea Player Confirms Stay Until Next Summer

Published

on

Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi has confirmed that he will stay at Spanish La Liga side Valencia until next summer.

The Belgian international star made this known while he was reacting to various transfer reports claiming that his loan deal at Valencia will be terminated when the transfer window reopens in the next few weeks.

Batshuayi is on a season-long loan deal from Chelsea at the Mestalla but he has failed to impose himself at the club.
He has been able to score just two goals in 15 appearances in all competitions for Valencia this season.

His inefficiency in front of goal prompted reports of loan termination but the player has debunked those rumours in person.

Michy Batshuayi talked about his loan deal with the Spanish outfit shortly after he returned to form for the Belgian national team in the recent UEFA Nations League clash with Iceland.

He scored twice in the second half to give his side a 2-0 win over the European minnows on Thursday as the Belgians maintained their perfect start to the UEFA Nations League.

Belgium manager Roberto Martinez and his players just need a point against Switzerland in their last group game to secure a semifinal spot at the expense of the Swiss team.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Featured On

Arsenal News Chelsea News Liverpool News Manchester United News Spurs News Manchester City News West Ham News Everton News Rangers FC News

Trending