Connect with us

Football

Moyes confirms loan deal for Man Utd winger Januzaj

Published

on

Adnan Januzaj

New Sunderland manager David Moyes has confirmed that Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj has joined on loan for the rest of the season.

Adnan Januzaj

Adnan Januzaj

Moyes gave Januzaj his chance in the United first-team during his brief reign at Old Trafford, with the Belgian scoring twice on his first-ever start, at Sunderland, in October 2013.

JANUZAJ CONFIRMED: #SAFC manager David Moyes announces that Adnan Januzaj has arrived on a season-long loan from @ManUtd.

– Sunderland AFC (@SunderlandAFC) August 12, 2016

Januzaj, 21, becomes Moyes’ third signing as Sunderland boss after United duo Paddy McNair and Donald Love.

“Adnan needs to come and do the business,” said Moyes. “He will give us a different variation because he can play in two or three different roles, but I have to get him back to the level he was at two years ago.

“He will get plenty of opportunities with us and I believe in him because he’s one of the finest young talents I’ve ever seen, and he was up there with Wayne Rooney when he was an 18-year-old.”

He continued: “I’m looking forward to getting him here and I hope the Sunderland supporters see the real Adnan Januzaj, so we will give him every opportunity do to that in the coming year.

“I hope that he shows that [two goals on his first start at the Stadium of Light] in a Sunderland jersey and score goals for us because we’re going to need him to create them and score them. Adnan will be joining up with the rest of the team in Manchester later today.”

Later, in his news conference, Man United manager Jose Mourinho insisted that he still sees a future at Old Trafford for Januzaj and that he had only sent him on loan to gain more experience.

“He fits in my plans, which is why he’s on loan at a Premier League club,” he said. “If he didn’t fit into my plans then we don’t care about where he’s going. If he doesn’t fit then we don’t care, we send him to Dortmund.

“We care about him and think he’s a talented player. I want to give give him all the conditions to develop and to play well. He is in the right place with a manager that likes him a lot. Hopefully everything will go well for him because we want him back.”

Loading...
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

EPL

What £50-rated star discussed with Mourinho before sack

Published

on

memphis depay

It has been revealed that Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho had a discussion with Ligue 1 outfit Lyon winter Memphis Depay before his eventual switch to France.

Memphis Depay parted ways with the Old Trafford in 2017 with a fee of £16 million after failing to impress at the club and immediately returned to his best at the start of his life with the Ligue 1 side.

Therefore it was revealed that before his departure, he held talks with the Portuguese international and told him he was leaving. But most importantly, he told Mourinho that he was going to become one of the best players in the world when he leaves.

The prediction of the star player seems to be coming real knowing that he has risen from the level he used to be which has even attracted him to a number of big clubs including Liverpool.

So far this season, Memphis Depay has got 23 games under his belt and he has delivered goals in 8 occasions and handing a total of 11 assists across all competitions.

However, the former Man United star has got a contract with the French Ligue 1 side until 2021 as his release clause increasing to £50 million which means any suitor must meet that before having his signature.

Loading...
Continue Reading

EPL

West Ham to seal deal for £15m-rated Red Devils player

Published

on

West Ham United are looking forward to wrapping a deal for Manchester United star Andreas Pereira ahead of the winter transfer window which reopens in coming weeks.

Arsenal and Chelsea are also reported to be in the race for Andreas Pereira but are yet to show any seriousness in their bid which leaves West Ham with the clearance to have his signature.

The London side have lost former Arsenal player Jack Wilshere to injury and they seek to replace him the Red Devils player who is out of favour at the Old Trafford.

Andreas Pereira is also keen to leave the club as he is hungry for a regular playing time which will help his development and progress as a footballer.

The United youth player has only had three games under his belt this season across all competitions which is not enough to prove his quality.

He has got the ability to deliver good performance for the West Ham side and will definitely fancy a move to the London side as he might not be able to secure a starting role at the West London side Chelsea and also The North London side arsenal.

Meanwhile, West Ham United will have to pay about £10 million before they can secure Andreas Pereira’s signature.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Arsenal

Manager fuels Arsenal rumours for South American forward

Published

on

Ivan Leko

Club Brugge manager Ivan Leko has fuelled the speculations linking Brazilian Wesley to the North London side after his recent claim.

The Gunners have been linked with the star player a couple of weeks and it was reported that they could strike a deal in the winter transfer window which reopens in the coming weeks.

Wesley’s boss Ivan Leko who gave his reaction to the speculation stated that his player has been left surprised by the speculations and will wish to have it happen.

He made it clear that Wesley has got all it takes to play for Arsenal at the top level because he has displayed quality in his last six months and also working hard.

Ivan Leko, therefore, hinted that the North London side could strike a deal in January transfer window when he expressed worries for his side for the remaining six months of the season, knowing that a bulk of his players are interested in a move away to other top sides.

However, Wesley could emerge as a direct replacement for England international forward Danny Welbeck who is injured and might not return to the club as a player as he would be allowed to leave as a free player at the end of the season.

Loading...
Continue Reading

EPL

United target now knows he will get double weekly wage at Old Trafford

Published

on

Kalidou Koulibaly

English Premier League side Manchester United have lured top target and Napoli star defender Kalidou Koulibaly with a luring offer as they prepare a bid for him ahead of the winter transfer window which reopens in coming weeks.

United have been linked with the Napoli star for a couple of weeks and a deal could finally fall through with the Old Trafford side ready to hand him double of the £80,000-weekly wage he earns at Naples.

The English Premier League side are desperate having had a very poor start of the season with bad results and conceding 29 goals in just 17 Premier League games.

However, reports claim that Manchester United will go ahead with defensive signings in the winter transfer market having failed to secure his wish in the past.

The Sun reports that United are convinced about the player after sending scouts to watch him in the Champions League tie between Liverpool and Napoli at the Anfield last week.

However, Napoli will do all it takes to convince Kalidou Koulibaly into staying back but there are no assurance they will succeed with the player already keen to play in the English Premier League.

Loading...
Continue Reading

EPL

Jose Mourinho’s ‘next destination’ revealed after sack

Published

on

Jose Mourinho

Emerging reports claim that embattled English Premier League outfit Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho might be on his way to the Italian Serie A outfit Inter Milan.

This is after the Portuguese boss was sacked by the club after seeing his side lose 3-1 to Liverpool at the weekend on Sunday.

The Portuguese boss is being wanted at the San Siro and might just decide to make use of that as an escape route having had one of his worst experiences at Manchester United this season

The former Chelsea boss has been under pressure from the start of the season because of his bad results coming from his side and his rift with some of the players.

Reports according to The Express claim that the Italian side are preparing to part ways with coach Luciano Spalletti in the summer with the San Siro side already crashing out of the Champions League.

However, Inter seek to replace him with the former Chelsea boss as both sides have had a good relationship in the past when Mourinho worked at Inter Milan.

Jose Mourinho leaves the Old Trafford with United sitting sixth place in the league table and shipping in 29 goals in 17 league matches.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Featured On

Arsenal News Chelsea News Liverpool News Manchester United News Spurs News Manchester City News West Ham News Everton News Rangers FC News

Trending