Goalscorer Odds: Europa League Final (Chelsea vs Arsenal)
Arsenal are under pressure to secure Champions League football ahead of their Europa League final clash with London rivals Chelsea in Baku, Azerbaijan on Wednesday night.
Chelsea do not have to deal with that kind of pressure after they sealed Champions League football via a third-placed finish at the end of the latest Premier League season.
The Gunners have to beat Chelsea to qualify for Champions League next season since the Europa League winner will automatically qualify for the group stage of Europe’s premier club competition for next season’s Europa League.
Star strikers Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette will be crucial for the Gunners ahead of the game.
Both players scored all the seven goals as Arsenal overcame Spanish club Valencia 7-3 on aggregate in their semifinal tie.
Here are the first goalscorer odds (via Surebet247) for the Europa League final and the star strikers unsurprisingly feature.
- Arsenal fans want to know how Aubameyang was treated in Gabon
- PFA Team Of The Year: Eden Hazard Shunned
1. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – The Gabonese international has the best first goalscorer odds at 4.75. He has scored eight goals in the Europa League this season (Only Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud and Eintracht Frankfurt striker Luka Jovic scored more with 10 goals each).
2. Alexandre Lacazette: He is the second favourite to score behind striking partner Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang at the odds of 5.00. The French striker has scored 19 goals in all competitions this season.
3. Gonzalo Higuain – The Argentine striker has scored just five goals since his loan transfer in January. He has been overshadowed by Olivier Giroud in the Europa League this season. He has 6.00 first goalscorer odds alongside Eden Hazard.
4. Eden Hazard – The Chelsea talisman has not featured much in the Europa League this season but he will certainly start against Arsenal. He has the joint third best odds to score the first goal of the game at 6.00.
5. Olivier Giroud – The Frenchman is the joint topscorer in the Europa League this season with 10 goals. The ex-Arsenal striker has the fifth best first goalscorer odds at 6.50.