Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicueta has signed a new three-and-a-half year deal with the club.
The Spanish International who arrived at the Stamford Bridge in 2012, has been in an incredible form with the Blues which got him a new deal that runs until 2020.
Azpilicueta told the club website: ‘I’m really happy to have signed a new contract. Since I arrived here my target was to progress as a player and win trophies. This new contract gives me the chance to continue my relationship with the club, that’s what I wanted and obviously I’m really happy here,’
The 27-year-old defender is key figure in Antonio Conte’s 3-4-3 formation and is set to make his 200th appearance when they face Sunderland next Wednesday.
‘We’ve had some really good moments so far this season. From day one, we started working very hard. We have a new manager with new ideas and I’m really happy to be working with him. Obviously we can still improve but the long-term aim for us is to win trophies, that is what we all want, the players, manager and fans,’ he added.
The club’s Technical director, Michael Emenalo said: ‘We are delighted Cesar has chosen to extend his stay with us. Since he arrived four years ago he has proved himself to be an excellent professional and a top player, which he shows in every single training session and match.
It is also believed that Conte has identified some defensive targets to bring in next summer but aims to keep the Spanish defender due to his quality abilities.