What’s not to love about MUFC? They are strong, they have great history and they are currently sitting at the number 3 spot on the list of the world’s richest football club worth a whopping 2.3 billion pounds. But if that doesn’t confirm your allegiance to the club, here are a few things that might.
1. You think Sir Alex Ferguson is the greatest coach…ever!
He gave the club more than 2 decades of service par excellence that raked in more trophies in that time span than Arsenal has ever had in their entire years of existence.
2. You still scour the net for post-match comments from Sir Alex Ferguson
No matter how great or poor the team’s performance was, true Man United fans love to hear post-match updates by Fergie.
3. You take pride in the United Treble
Once called the impossible dream, Manchester United became the first club to achieve it. After claiming the EPL title and lifting the FA Cup, they went on to make history in the dramatic game against Bayern Munich back in 99! Three minutes of extra stoppage time concluded Man United’s quest for the elusive golden treble!
4. You know who Diego Forlan is
Even though his career never took flight at United, this Uruguayan managed to ball his way into the hearts of Man United fans with his classic double against Liverpool at Anfield in 2002. This earned the team a valuable 3 points and immortalized Diego in the chant, “He came from Uruguay. He made the scousers cry!”
5. You still cringe every time you think of the October 2011 game with Manchester City
Sir Alex Ferguson’s side entertained the biggest home defeat since 1930. The 6-1 mauling the red devils suffered at the hands of the Citizens is a humbling and humiliating moment for every Man united fan
6. You consider Carlos Tevez a traitor
When Manchester United’s former hit man Carlos opted to move over to Man City, a lot of Man U fans were not happy with his decision. However, some graciously wished him well in his new club but when he manically celebrated the two goals he scored against United at the Semi League cup final, united fans were enraged!
7. You have a special affinity for the number 7
Think George Best, Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona, David Beckham, Christiano Ronaldo. All were Manchester United players that became football legends
8. You have a fantasy about Christiano Ronaldo
Even though the club made a record breaking sale off his exit, a lot of fans entertain the fantasy that he would make a grand return to Old Trafford wearing his number 7 jersey
9. You will never admit to questioning SAF’s match decisions.
Every Man U fan has a selective memory where Sir Alex Ferguson is concerned, not even his poor first years as club manager a la David Moyes blurs his status of perfection
10. Supporting Manchester United is not a hobby. It is lifetime commitment. End of Story